Good News

Today, I'm 1 DPO. I didn't O right after my + OPK as I normally do, but thats ok because I got some good news! Yesterday, I had my quarterly thyroid checkup with my Dr. (I'm have Hypothyroidism) and while my levels came back in the normal range, they are still a little too high for optimal TTC (it was 3.6). I'm currently taking 75 mcg of Levothyroxine and while the next dose would be 88 mcg, we have decided to skip that one and go straight to 100 mcg to see if my TSH levels will go down to the 1.0 range. I will have more bloodwork in 6 weeks to see what my new level will be.

I also discussed with her the protocol that TR patients have to follow after getting a BFP. (HCG blood draws every 48 hours until levels get high enough to confirm placement of pregnancy via ultrasound). I could have the RE that did my TR surgery do it, but insurance will not pay for the lab work, so with having my primary Dr do it I will have a better chance of insurance paying for it. We also discussed doing a progesterone draw at 7 DPO just to see what my level is. (A lot of women, who never had progesterone problems before, usually do have issues with it after a TR.) My dr said just to call the office whenever I need blood work done and they will get me in. She said she'll order whatever I need. How awesome is that? A dr who actually listens to her patients! Well, she has always been awesome though. :-)

So now we're just waiting until next week to do my progesterone draw and go from there. Hopefully, there won't be any problems with it and that'll be one less thing we can mark off the list of things that could be preventing me from getting pregnant.

0 comments:

Post a Comment





I'd love to hear what you think, so please leave a comment!


up