Results

Today was my HSG.....not horrible news, but not great news either.

I get back in the exam room and was prepped for the procedure. Dr. N came in and started explaining what was happening as she did it. The x-ray machine was moved into place so we could see where the dye would go and Dr. N injects the dye. My uterus starts filling up promptly and my left tube slightly comes into view. It takes a several seconds to start moving down the tube, then we notice the right starts showing up. There was some 'spilling' of the right tube (yay!), but I could tell by Dr. N's commentary that she wasn't too happy about the left tube. She then had me rotate on my right side for a minute and continued taking x-ray pictures. After that, she told me to get dressed and we would discuss in more detail what she thinks. (The whole procedure lasted less than 5 minutes and other than some cramping, was pain free.)

I meet her in the conference room and she goes into more detail about the tubes. Good news, she thinks the right tube is perfectly fine. There is a little spot where she believes the anastomosis was, but nothing too concerning on that side. The left, however, has issues. It had a larger area of dye collection where the anastomosis was, plus there was a collection of dye toward the distal end of the tube, where the ovary meets. Its a very large 'fingerling' collection. Dr. N can't say for certain what it is/isn't, but she thinks its very possibly scar tissue that has accumulated in that area, preventing any eggs from traveling down that tube. Which makes sense since because I often feel a little tug/pinch on that side at times.

Her recommendation going forward: to do a laparoscopy and see exactly what's going on with that tube. She doesn't want to cut and do another anastomosis on that side (1. my tube is already short enough and cutting a bad section out won't help matters, because the shorter the tube, the worse it is to conceive. 2. more scar tissue can form in that same spot, increasing my chances for an ectopic, which are higher following a TR anyway). Dr. N wants to go in, take a look around, try to fix what she can without causing too much disruption in there, make sure the right tube is fine and to also take out a polyp that I have in my uterus (that was also discovered today). We can't be sure that this will be the complete fix all, but she believes this is the best course of action for my situation.

So, surgery is scheduled for Feb 13th at noon. I pray to God this was the only obstacle in my way. And I would be lying if I said I wasn't pissed at Dr. K for not doing an HSG instead of the CIS back in Oct '12. We could have found that then, taken care of it and could have had our baby by now! Grrrr!!!

*Another piece of good news: my AMH level came back today. Dr. N said last week that at my age, she wants to see at least a 1.73 (the higher the number the better).....mine was 2.8. So at least that relieves me of a little pressure thinking my eggs are dried up due to my age. My body looks old for 35 on the outside, but my eggs are a young 31 year old. LOL.

0 comments:

Post a Comment





I'd love to hear what you think, so please leave a comment!


up