Random Thoughts

The hardest part of this journey so far is the lack of family support (well, that $6,500 check wasn't exactly so easy to part with either :-P). The only people that know about the impending TR are my in laws, a wonderfully supportive group of ladies that I have known for four years now at Womb and Beyond, one real life friend and now some new ladies I have found in an online TR/TTC group.

The main reason we haven't told my family goes back to the fact that they made nasty comments when we announced I was pregnant with DD. They certainly wouldn't hold back voicing their surely negative opinions about the TR and subsequent TTC. Probably along the lines of "why would you want to reverse something you did in the first place" or "you already have three kids, why do you want/need another?"As little as we see/talk to them we totally could have another baby and they would not even realize it was a new family member. And this is my immediate family I'm talking about!! Sad huh? But hey, who needs that kind of negativity around them anyways, right?!

Our kids don't know either (DSS knows I will be having surgery, but he doesn't know what for) and we won't say anything until I'm actually pregnant. All of the kids will be super excited to have another sibling though. The boys make comments every so often about how they wish they had another sibling to play with. (They both wish for another sister. How sweet is that!) The only one that may have a problem is DD, especially if we have another girl. She would either be VERY excited or VERY territorial about having to share her clothes and toys, but based on how we made sure the boys adjusted well when she came along, I think we'll be just fine. :-)

1 comments:

Is anyone listening? said...

I think your daughter will be happy :)

I'm sorry to hear you have family like that. Good for you for choosing to not put yourself around their negativity! I've learned through life that you can create a whole new type of family that doesn't have to be blood related. Surround yourself with those who actually care about you!

Post a Comment





I'd love to hear what you think, so please leave a comment!


up